Solid Abutment System
- Three different profile diameters. (Ø4.5/5.5/6.5)
- Five different cuff heights. (1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5mm)
- Three different post heights. (4/5.5/7mm)
- Used in cement retained restoration only
- Solid Abutment should be placed into patient’s mouth before taking impression
- Onebody (screw + abutment). High strength due to solid one-piece structure
- Should be tightened with a Solid Driver and a Torque Wrench : 35Ncm
- Should be tightened with special Solid Driver
Comparing to Fine abutment:
If there is any problem after screwed fine abutment to the fixture, it can be disconnected in order to fix the problem. However, solid abutment cannot be disconnected due to one-piece structure.
In Korea, dentists use fine abutment in 80% of cases and solid abutment in 20% of cases. However, fine abutment is popular in South East Asia.
Note: The solid abutment has 3 diameters (Ø4.5/5.5/6.5), implant can use all 3 abutment diameters. For example, the 3.5mm diameter implants can use all 3 different diameters. The choice of the diameter depends on the size of the crown, cuff height and height.